The perfect homemade granola! Easy Recipe…Even For Those That Hate To Cook!
Recently, my in-laws proudly showed me the ‘healthy’ granola they were having for breakfast and I was blown away by the amount of sugar content! Plus they always added honey…no wonder they felt so tired and hungry mid morning as their blood sugar crashed!
They dislike cooking – as do I 🙂 So I offered to give them an easy recipe for bulk making granola that would be ultra healthy and tasty – with no need for additional honey!
So here is is – why not give this perfect granola easy recipe a go and let me know if you like it? I’m sure you will 🙂
½ tbs coconut oil
40ml / 1 ½ tbs honey
¼ tsp salt
85 g jumbo rolled oats
85 g grain of your choice, eg spelt, barley or rye flakes (or twice the amount of oats – I use more oats)
50g mixed nuts, roughly chopped (I like almonds, cashews and walnuts)
10g pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds or seeds of your choice
10g coconut shavings (available at health food shops)
1 egg white
20 -25 g mixed chopped dried apricots, dates (or dried fruit of your choice)
- Heat the oven to 150C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Put the oil, honey and salt together in a small pan and heat gently until the oil has melted and they’re all well combined.
Melted oil & honey / Mixed oats , nuts , seeds / Whisked egg white
- Take off the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Mix the dry ingredients, apart from the fruit, in a large bowl.
- Stir the honey and oil into the bowl until well distributed.
- Beat the egg white in a separate bowl until frothy, then toss with the mixture.
- Spread out on the baking sheet and bake for about 30-35 minutes until golden, stirring occasionally so it cooks evenly, and more regularly if you’d prefer a looser texture.
- Leave to cool and crisp up on the tray, then stir in the fruit.
Ta – dah!! Yummy healthy granola!! How easy was that!?
Store in an airtight container. I love my Kilner jars 🙂
Enjoy with organic yoghurt and mixed berries…
Photo thanks to Slike