Hello and welcome to another of my inspirational interviews.
Today we talk to inspirational and go getting Nutritionist, Nicola Zanetti.
Nicola is a registered Nutritional Therapist and with a Bachelor’s degree in Biology and Master’s degree in Human Nutrition, Nicola knows his stuff.
I met him as a lecturer at The College of Naturopathic Medicine, CNM, London where I’m studying naturopathic medicine and was struck by both his passion for the subject and his expressive delivery.
Recently he’s launched his own YouTube channel and has several secret and exciting plans for later this year. Can’t tell you what they are – he’s Italian and I’ve seen the Godfather…
Hope you enjoy the interview…I’d love to hear from you and if you’d like to hear more from inspiring people, do click on the subscription button over there on the right!
- Hey Nicola! So, to start, what’s your morning routine like?
Hello Nicky, thank you for the interview 🙂 So, my morning I usually wake up, do all the maintenance stuff such as brushing teeth, flossing, shower etc., then I usually put music on that varies depending on the daily tasks.
- What type of music for what tasks? Can you give examples?
Yes, so if it’s mainly a relaxed day I would probably listen to relaxing tracks, like alpha waves music tracks (example YouTube channel of yellowbrick cinema). If it is a day that requires me to be energetic, it’s going to be rock! At the moment I am listening a lot to a band called “A day to remember“. Then I read my diary to see what I have decided to do , have breakfast and start my day.
- What do you do to relax and recharge?
I go to rock concerts, out with friends. I meditate or do shamanic journeys mostly.
- Ok, so I have to ask…what is a shamanic journey? That’s slightly different from most chilling out activities I’ve heard of! Where can others learn about this?
Umm, a shamanic journey is a meditation focused on metaphors that people have used for millennia to solve our inner problems. I’m writing a book on the subject, let’s see when I can finish it…a decent example is this meditation here (must use headphones and HD screen to enjoy it)
- What do you do tolift your spirits?
Umm my spirit is usually lifted but it it’s not, often it’s music, probably rock music.
- So, what’s your favourite rock band/ or album? Did Chris Cornell’s death affect you at all – I was gutted 🙁
So, I was sad for Chris but I was more of a Nirvana fan. What really made me sad was the death of Cobain in 1994. A very strange death, cloaked in mystery. I have watched plenty of documentaries on that.
- Is therea book or a film which has inspired you the most in your life?
I would say the book ‘Awaken the Giant Within’ from Anthony Robbins. ( available for free download here )
- What inspired you to go into the world of nutrition?
It was a breakup with a lady, she literally shattered my world and made me realise I HAD NEVER considered what Nicola loved to do but I was just going with the flow. After that I started to plan my goals and nutrition was one of them.
- What triggered you to turn to nutrition in particular though?
Nutrition is actually the wrong word; I should have said natural medicine. Why? Well if I wouldn’t have done my part nobody would have. It is a matter of commitment towards people and the universe.
- Where you and what were you doing 5 years ago?
5 years ago I had just closed my experience as a course lecturer in weight loss, in Italy and I was about to move to London .
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years’ time?
I’m now strongly working on my social media presence, I especially enjoy doing videos. So I am confident I will have a big brand with loads of different video products. I will be running monthly seminars on nutrition and self-improvement all around the globe. This is the reason why I am working so hard on my youtube channel – you can see it here
- In one sentence say why you do what you do.
Because if I won’t do what my skills and talents are permitting me to do, there won’t be ANYBODY ELSE to do it!
- Do you have a mantra, affirmation or something you say to yourself in difficult times?
I think I will go with the cheesy Tony Robbins style: “there is always a way”
- If you could ask the UK government to change one thing what would it be?
I do not particularly trust other people to do my job, so I wouldn’t delegate to politicians.
- What’s your definition of success?
Probably is “living my true calls in life”
- If you had the misfortune to lose one sense which would be the biggest loss to you,and why?
Probably sight. It would be unfortunate because I am now a very visual person.
- If you were stranded on a desert island and were allowed one food to survive and one food asa comfort what would they be?
Umm probably toasted millet bread and wild salmon
- What would be your perfect Sunday?
Watching the MotoGP race with my family while Valentino Rossi wins the 10th World Championship; that would make an incredible Sunday!
- What’s the best meal you’ve ever had and where?
Umm I don’t know, there are so many. But one meal that I remember with a lot of pleasure was when I was around 16 and I had a take away pizza with my two friends Marco and Simone during a very hot Italian summer. It was a beautiful day!
- Thanks Nicola! And thanks for the band tip 🙂
Interesting topics Nicky, thanks again 🙂
If you enjoyed this post, why not join me by clicking on the subscribe button on the right 🙂
And if you know of any other inspirational people you’d like to know more about, let me know below!
Photo thanks to Chad Gierlich